In this book, Carolyn A. MacDonald provides a comprehensive introduction to the physics of a wide range of x-ray applications, optics, and analysis tools. Theory is applied to practical considerations of optics and applications ranging from astronomy to medical imaging and materials analysis. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, And Applications PDF.
Emphasizing common physical concepts that underpin diverse phenomena and applications of x-ray physics, the book opens with a look at nuclear medicine, motivating further investigations into scattering, detection, and noise statistics. The second section explores topics in x-ray generation, including characteristic emission, x-ray fluorescence analysis, bremsstrahlung emission, and synchrotron and laser sources. The third section details the main forms of interaction, including the physics of photoelectric absorption, coherent and Compton scattering, diffraction, and refractive, reflective, and diffractive optics. Applications in this section include x-ray spectroscopy, crystallography, and dose and contrast in radiography. A bibliography is included at the end of every chapter, and solutions to chapter problems are provided in the appendix.
Based on a course for advanced undergraduates and graduate students in physics and related sciences and also intended for researchers, An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, and Applications offers a thorough survey of the physics of x-ray generation and of interaction with materials.
Features of An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, And Applications PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Common aspects of diverse phenomena emphasized
- Theoretical development tied to practical applications
- Suitable for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in physics or related sciences, as well as researchers
- Examples and problems include applications drawn from medicine, astronomy, and materials analysis
- Detailed solutions are provided for all examples and problems
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, And Applications PDF:
PART I. FOUNDATIONS
2. A CASE STUDY: NUCLEAR MEDICINE
PART II. X- RAY GENERATION
3. THERMAL SOURCES AND PLASMAS
4. CHARACTERISTIC RADIATION, X- RAY TUBES, AND X- RAY FLUORESCENCE SPECTROSCOPY
5. SOURCE INTENSITY, DIVERGENCE, AND COHERENCE
6. BREMSSTRAHLUNG RADIATION AND X- RAY TUBES
7. SYNCHROTRON RADIATION
8. X- RAY LASERS
PART III. X- RAY INTERACTIONS WITH MATTER
9. PHOTOELECTRIC ABSORPTION, ABSORPTION SPECTROSCOPY, IMAGING, AND DETECTION
10. COMPTON SCATTERING
11. COHERENT SCATTER I: REFRACTION AND REFLECTION
12. REFRACTIVE AND REFLECTIVE OPTICS
13. COHERENT SCATTER II: DIFFRACTION
14. SINGLE- CRYSTAL AND THREE- DIMENSIONAL DIFFRACTION
15. DIFFRACTION OPTICS
Below are the technical specifications of An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, And Applications PDF.
- Book Name : An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, and Applications
- Edition : 1st Edition | | ISBN : 0691139652
- Author Name : Carolyn A MacDonald;
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 368 Pages
An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, And Applications PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, And Applications PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 82.1 MB
Please use the link below to download An Introduction to X-Ray Physics, Optics, And Applications PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.