We provide you Medical Books PDF Format Free Download and today, in this article, we are going to share with you Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Access physical assessment techniques in a flash—anytime, anywhere!
This concise and trusted reference provides authoritative guidance on how to perform the patient interview, physical examination, and other core assessments as well as how to apply clinical reasoning and use shared decision-making in a quick-reference format—all based on a firm understanding of clinical evidence.
Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking includes illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination in an easy-to-follow two-column format featuring examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right. This highly regarded pocket guide also covers special stages in the life cycle—infancy through adolescence, pregnancy, and aging.
Features of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Text boxes help readers quickly find important summaries of clinical conditions and other relevant information.
- Many new and updated photographs and illustrations support the text, and figures are now numbered for easy identification and reference.
- Rewritten chapter on evaluating clinical evidence clarifies key concepts to ensure student understanding.
- Revised and expanded chapter on the skin, hair, and nails includes new dermatology photographs and provides the framework for assessing common lesions and abnormalities.
- Updated behavior and mental status chapter now references DSM-5.
- Significantly revised information on obesity and nutrition counseling; cardiovascular risk factor screening and new clinical guidelines; new screening guidelines for breast cancer, colon cancer, Papanicolau smears, and stroke risk factors; current information on STIs; new geriatric assessment tools; and much more provide essential clinical updates.
- New life-cycle content includes an increased emphasis on cardiovascular health promotion and child development; updated pregnancy topics such as weight gain, substance abuse, and intimate partner violence; and new information on the older adult, including frailty, immunizations, cancer screening, cognitive decline and dementia screening, and a new algorithm for falls prevention.
Lynn S. Bickley MD FACP (Author)
Dr. Lynn Bickley is a dermatologist in Chestertown, MD and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Chestertown and University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton. She received her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and has been in practice 32 years.
Dr. Bickley accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. She is one of 4 doctors at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Chestertown and one of 3 doctors at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center at Easton who specialize in Dermatology.
- Peter G. Szilagyi, MD, MPH
Professor of Pediatrics and Executive Vice-Chair
Department of Pediatrics
University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
Los Angeles, California
- Richard M. Hoffman, MD, MPH, FACP
Professor of Internal Medicine and Epidemiology
Director, Division of General Internal Medicine
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, Iowa
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
- Foundations for Clinical Proficiency
- Evaluating Clinical Evidence
- Interviewing and the Health History
- Beginning the Physical Examination: General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain
- Behavior and Mental Status
- The Skin, Hair, and Nails
- The Head and Neck
- The Thorax and Lungs
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Breasts and Axillae
- The Abdomen
- The Peripheral Vascular System
- Male Genitalia and Hernias
- Female Genitalia
- The Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
- The Musculoskeletal System
- The Nervous System
- Assessing Children: Infancy through Adolescence
- The Pregnant Woman
- The Older Adult
You might also be interested in! ?
Pocket Companion for Physical Examination and Health Assessment 7th Edition PDF Free Download
Below are the technical specifications of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
- Book Name : Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking
- Edition : 8th Edition | | ISBN : 9781496338488
- Author Name : Lynn S. Bickley MD FACP
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 454 Pages
Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 21 MB
Please use the link below to download Bates’ Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking 8th Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
OTHER BEST SELLING MEDICAL BOOKS
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.