Today, in this article, we are going to share with you BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The leading physiology book on the market, this bestselling title in the Board Review Series offers a concise, highly efficient review of all essential physiology concepts covered in the first and second year of medical school, as well as more than 350 clinical vignette-style multiple-choice questions to help students prepare for course exams and practice for the USMLE Step 1. Abundant illustrations, flow charts, and tables facilitate study. An interactive question bank on thePoint uses the same chapter and comprehensive exam questions from the book to provide interactive exam practice online.
Students will appreciate the book’s comprehensive, yet efficient assistance in preparing for course exams as well as the USMLE Step 1.
Instructors will welcome the masterful educational approach of Linda S. Costanzo, PhD, who excels in communicating complex physiology concepts in an accessible manner. A comprehensive image bank on thePoint makes preparing lecture slides a snap.
Features of BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- A concise outline format and bolded key terms enable efficient review and exam preparation.
- Discussions of clinical disorders, integrated throughout the text, correlate physiology concepts to the practice of medicine.
- Chapter overviews and summaries offer a quick introduction and review of key topics and information, to maximize study time.
- More than 350 multiple-choice questions and answers, many of them new and revised, help students prepare for course and board exams. These include many new multi-part questions that challenge students’ decision-making skills.
- Detailed answers and explanations for every question, cross-referenced back to the text, allow students to remediate weak areas of knowledge.
- New appendices allow for an efficient review of Key Physiology Topics for USMLE Step I, Key Physiology Equations for USMLE Step I, and Normal Blood Values.
- 130 outstanding full-color figures and flow diagrams and 50 tables, many of them new, allow for efficient assimilation of complex information, and are included in the instructor Image Bank on ThePoint.
- Significant updates throughout present the latest physiology knowledge, including expanded coverage of cellular, respiratory, renal, gastrointestinal, and endocrine physiology.
Linda S. Costanzo Ph.D (Author)
Linda S. Costanzo received an A.B. in Chemistry from Duke University in 1969 and a Ph.D. in Pharmacology from the State University of New York in 1973. She was a postdoctoral fellow in Physiology at Cornell University Medical College from 1974-1979 under the direction of Erich E. Windhager. Dr. Costanzo joined the VCU faculty in 1981.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF:
1. CELL PHYSIOLOGY
- Cell Membranes
- Transport Across Cell Membranes
- Diffusion Potential, Resting Membrane Potential, and Action Potential
- Neuromuscular and Synaptic Transmission
- Skeletal Muscle
- Smooth Muscle
- Comparison of Skeletal Muscle, Smooth Muscle, and Cardiac Muscle
- Autonomic Nervous System (ANS)
- Organization of the Nervous System
- Sensory Systems
- Motor Systems
- Higher Functions of the Cerebral Cortex
- Blood–Brain Barrier and Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF)
- Temperature Regulation
3. CARDIOVASCULAR PHYSIOLOGY
- Circuitry of the Cardiovascular System
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Muscle and Cardiac Output
- Cardiac Cycle
- Regulation of Arterial Pressure
- Microcirculation and Lymph
- Special Circulations
- Integrative Functions of the Cardiovascular System: Gravity, Exercise, and Hemorrhage
4. RESPIRATORY PHYSIOLOGY
- Lung Volumes and Capacities
- Mechanics of Breathing
- Gas Exchange
- Oxygen Transport
- CO2 Transport
- Pulmonary Circulation
- V/Q Defects
- Control of Breathing
- Integrated Responses of the Respiratory System
5. RENAL AND ACID–BASE PHYSIOLOGY
- Body Fluids
- Renal Clearance, Renal Blood Flow (RBF), and Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
- Reabsorption and Secretion
- NaCl Regulation
- V. K+ Regulation
- Renal Regulation of Urea, Phosphate, Calcium, and Magnesium
- Concentration and Dilution of Urine
- Renal Hormones
- Acid–Base Balance
- Integrative Examples
6. GASTROINTESTINAL PHYSIOLOGY
- Structure and Innervation of the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Regulatory Substances in the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Gastrointestinal Motility
- Gastrointestinal Secretion
- Digestion and Absorption
- Liver Physiology
7. ENDOCRINE PHYSIOLOGY
- Overview of Hormones
- Cell Mechanisms and Second Messengers
- Pituitary Gland (Hypophysis)
- Thyroid Gland
- Adrenal Cortex and Adrenal Medulla
- Endocrine Pancreas–Glucagon and Insulin
- Calcium Metabolism (Parathyroid Hormone, Vitamin D, Calcitonin)
- Sexual Differentiation
- Male Reproduction
- Female Reproduction
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF:
- Book Name : BRS Physiology
- Edition : 7th Edition | | ISBN : 9781496367617
- Author Name : Linda S. Costanzo Ph.D
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 657 Pages
BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 23 MB
Please use the link below to download BRS Physiology 7th Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.