There are a large and ever-increasing number of structures and buildings worldwide that are in need of refurbishment, rehabilitation and strengthening. The retrofitting of beams and slabs for this purpose is now recognized as the most cost-effective and environmentally sustainable method of carrying out this essential renovation work. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures PDF.
The authors of Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures are both acknowledged world experts on these techniques and their book has been designed to provide the reader with a comprehensive overview of the established techniques and their applications as well as thorough coverage of newly emerging methodologies and their uses. The comparison of FRP and steel is a particular focus and the authors provide practical examples of where one material might be used in preference to another. Indeed practical, worked examples of how, when, and why specific solutions have been chosen in real-world situations are used throughout the text and provide the user with invaluable insights into the decision-making process and its technical background.
Just as importantly these examples make the understanding and application of these techniques easier to understand for the student and the practitioner. The book is international in appeal, as while no reference is made to specific local codes the authors’ approach always follows that of the more advanced structural codes worldwide. As such it will remain an essential resource for many years to come.
Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures is an important reference for a broad range of researchers, students and practitioners including civil engineers and contractors, architects, designers and builders.
Features of Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- Contains detailed worked examples throughout to aid understanding and provide technical insight
- Covers all types of metal plates and all types of FRP plates
- Uses design philosophies that can be used with any mathematical model
- Provides coverage of all main international guidelines
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures PDF:
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Forms of plating beams and slabs
- Major debonding mechanisms in adhesively bonded plates
- Failure of bolted plates
- Plate material and geometry
- Commentary of design guides for longitudinal plating
Chapter 2: Intermediate Crack (IC) Debonding
- Examples of IC debonding
- IC debonding behaviour
- Comparison of IC debonding rules
- IC debonding design philosophies
Chapter 3: Flexural Strength and Ductility
- Moment redistribution capacities
- Sectional flexural strength and ductility capacity
- Analyses and parametric studies
Chapter 4: CDC Debonding of Tension Face Plates
- CDC debonding mechanism
- Concrete shear capacity of unplated beams or slabs
- CDC debonding of tension face plate
- Direct CDC debonding analysis
- Results of CDC analyses
Chapter 5: Generic Rules for CDC Debonding
- Generic CDC debonding analysis
- Generic design approach for CDC debonding
- Further plate combinations and positions
- Enhancement of shear capacity
Chapter 6: Plate End (PE) Debonding
- PE debonding mechanism
- Generic PE debonding analysis
- PE analysis for bonded interface perpendicular to bending axis
- PE analysis for bonded interface parallel to bending axis
- Design for PE debonding
Chapter 7: Design Examples
- Summary of design procedure
- Continuous slab structure with adhesively bonded plates
- Continuous beam structure with adhesively bonded plates
- Continuous beam structure with bolted plates
Below are the technical specifications of Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures PDF.
- Book Name : Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures
- Edition : 1st Edition | | ISBN : 978-0080445489
- Author Name : Deric Oehlers; Rudolph Seracino;
- Category : Academic
- Format / Pages : PDF – 252 Pages
Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 42.3 MB
Please use the link below to download Design of FRP and Steel Plated RC Structures PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately (click here).
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.