Today, in this article, we are going to share with you EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Delivering succinct, clear explanations to help students easily grasp key concepts, this book provides a comprehensive, multifaceted approach to EKG interpretation for nurse practitioner and physician assistant students, as well as practicing clinicians who need a quick refresher.
The second edition retains the book’s systematic, physiologic approach that trains readers to follow the same steps in evaluating each EKG. It negates the need for rote memorization by facilitating a genuine understanding of EKG interpretation. Using the patient’s presenting symptoms as a starting point, abundant clinical scenarios demonstrate real-life applications for interpreting EKG readings. With scores of figures and tables and more than 200 EKG tracings, this resource delivers everything physician assistants and nurse practitioners need to provide expert, quality care to their patients.
Features of EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Nearly 50 new EKG tracings and accompanying case studies
- Basic review of clinical conditions related to common EKG abnormalities
- New end-of-chapter review questions to help students summarize their learning
- More complex clinical cases to further challenge the student and increase proficiency in EKG interpretation
- Additional diagnostic findings in atrial enlargement, bundle branch blocks, and ventricular hypertrophy
- Updated chapter contrasting premature ventricular contractions with premature atrial contractions
- PowerPoint supplement of case studies with EKGs and teaching points for instructors
Maureen Knechtel (Author)
Maureen A. Knechtel, MPAS, PA-C, received a bachelor’s degree in health sciences and a master’s degree in physician assistant studies from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She has spent her clinical career as a physician assistant specializing in general cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology. She teaches EKG recognition and interpretation to both physician assistants and nurse practitioners and has been a guest lecturer nationally and locally on topics including EKG interpretation, chronic angina, ischemic heart disease in women, hypertension, and mixed hyperlipidemia.
Ms. Knechtel is a fellow member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the Tennessee Academy of Physician Assistants, and is currently a principal faculty member and assistant professor with the Milligan College Physician Assistant Program in northeast Tennessee.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF:
PART I Basics of Cardiac Physiology and Relationship to the EKG Rhythm Output
1. Introduction to the EKG, Cardiac Anatomy, and Electrical Conduction System
2. Defining the Intervals
3. Lead Review
PART II Interpreting the 12-Lead EKG
7. Heart Block
8. Ischemia and Infarction
PART III Commonly Occurring Arrhythmias and EKG Findings
9. Supraventricular Tachycardia
10. Ventricular Arrhythmias
11. Paced EKGs
12. Drug and Electrolyte Effects on the EKG
13. Clinical Conditions That Affect the EKG
PART IV Clinical Application
14. Applying EKG Skills to Clinical Practice
PART V Answer Keys
15. Answers to End-of-Chapter Review Questions
16. Answers and Teaching Points to Chapter 14 EKGs
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF:
- Book Name : EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant
- Edition : 2nd Edition | | ISBN : 9780826168887
- Author Name : Maureen Knechtel
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 319 Pages
EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 247 MB
Please use the link below to download EKGs for the Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant 2nd Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.