Today, in this article, we are going to share with you Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Written by foremost experts in the field, the 3rd Edition of Essential Clinical Procedures presents the latest common diagnostic and treatment-related procedures that you need to know as a physician assistant! Clear and concise, this medical reference book leads you step-by-step through over 70 techniques commonly seen in primary care and specialist settings, equipping you to deliver the best and safest care to your patients.
Features of Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Visualize procedures and other important concepts clearly through over 300 high-quality illustrations.
- Ensure the safe execution of procedures with a focus on patient preparation and the proper use of instruments, as well as highlighted warnings to alert you to potential dangers that can occur when performing various treatments.
- Be fully prepared for any situation with guidance on the possible complications, rationales, and precautions behind many common procedures.
- Understand the ins and outs of nonprocedural issues, including informed consent, standard precautions, patient education, and procedure documentation.
- Get all the hands-on guidance you need to provide safe and effective care to your patients with Essential Clinical Procedures!
- Understand the “must-know” aspects of the most commonly seen conditions with a systematic presentation featuring consistent headings and supporting color images
- Quickly access core information through high-yield margin notes and consistent formatting across all chapters.
- Stay abreast of the latest procedures with a brand-new chapter and images on Reduction of the Shoulder/Finger Subluxations, plus many other updates throughout.
Richard W. Dehn (Author)
Richard Dehn was appointed Professor and Founding Chair of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies in November 2010. He received a BA in history from the University of Iowa in Iowa City in 1973, a BS in medicine in 1976 from the University of Iowa College of Medicine PA Program, and a MPA from Golden Gate University in San Francisco, CA, in 1991. His medical teaching career began in 1979 as a faculty member for the UC-Davis FNP/PA Program Merced satellite, and for many years he worked as a PA in the UC-Davis Merced Family Practice Residency. In 1993 he became the Assistant Director of the University of Iowa PA Program. In 2003 he was named a Teaching Scholar by the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. From 2008-2010 he was the program director of the UC-Davis FNP/PA Program. He holds the rank of emeritus professor at the University of Iowa.
He has been very active in state and national professional organizations over most of his career. He also has served as President of the PA History Society, and the Chair of the Physician Assistant Education Association Research Institute. He currently serves on the editorial board of the Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants where he is the feature editor of Research Corner and Brief Reports, and he is a member of the Physician Assistant Education Association subcommittee on Data and Research. He has served on numerous grant review committees, as well as currently serving as a site visitor for the Accreditation Review Committee for Physician Assistants. He was awarded the American Academy of Physician Assistants PAragon Publishing Award in 2001, the Association of PA Programs Research Achievement Award in 2003, and the Iowa PA Society PA of the Year award in 2006.
He has published extensively, authoring dozens of book chapters, editing two books, and authoring over 100 journal articles. He has presented national workshops on performing research and scholarly work, designing of PA program curriculum, and writing for publication.
He has over thirty years of clinical experience as a PA in family medicine, where he has long advocated for the provision of primary care services in underserved populations. Additionally he has been a foster parent, advocating for the rights of children to grow up in a nurturing environment. His favorite pastimes are reading, playing musical instruments, and walking.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF:
1. INFORMED CONSENT
2. STANDARD PRECAUTIONS
3. STERILE TECHNIQUE
4. BLOOD PRESSURE MEASUREMENT
6. OBTAINING BLOOD CULTURES
7. INSERTING INTRAVENOUS CATHETERS
8. ARTERIAL PUNCTURE
10. RECORDING AN ELECTROCARDIOGRAM
11. EXERCISE STRESS TESTING
12. ENDOTRACHEAL INTUBATION
13. OFFICE PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTING
14. NASOGASTRIC TUBE PLACEMENT
15. LUMBAR PUNCTURE
16. URINARY BLADDER CATHETERIZATION
17. EPISTAXIS AND NASAL FOREIGN BODY REMOVAL
18. THE PELVIC EXAMINATION AND OBTAINING A ROUTINE PAPANICOLAOU SMEAR
19. REDUCTION OF THE SHOULDER/FINGER SUBLUXATIONS
20. JOINT AND BURSAL ASPIRATION
21. CASTING AND SPLINTING
22. LOCAL ANESTHESIA
23. WOUND CLOSURE
24. DERMATOLOGIC PROCEDURES
25. INCISION AND DRAINAGE OF AN ABSCESS
26. WOUND DRESSING TECHNIQUES
28. TREATING INGROWN TOENAILS
You might also be interested in! ?
The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2019, 27th Edition PDF Free Download
Below are the technical specifications of Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF:
- Book Name : Essential Clinical Procedures
- Edition : 3rd Edition
- Author Name : Richard W. Dehn, David P. Asprey
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 466 Pages
Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 23 MB
Please use the link below to download Essential Clinical Procedures 3rd Edition PDF:
DOWNLOAD LINK (PDF)
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
OTHER MEDICAL BOOKS
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
Is it possible for you to send me a pdf copy of the 3rd/4th edition to Essential clinical procedures by Richard W. Dehn. I am currently in search of this book for one of my classes in my PA program right now. It would be greatly appreciated!