We provide you Medical Books PDF Format Free Download and today, in this article, we are going to share with you Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Learn fundamental nursing principles, concepts, and skills with ease! Fundamentals of Nursing, 8th Edition includes accurate, cutting-edge content, active learning strategies, and the latest evidence-based research to help you excel in your classes and prepare for success in today’s competitive nursing field. An expert author team led by Patricia Potter and Anne Griffin Perry provides a trusted, comprehensive resource, thoroughly reviewed by nursing experts and peers to ensure the most accurate content. With practical, fully integrated study support, this edition makes it easier than ever to build the understanding and clinical reasoning essential to providing excellent patient care.
Features of Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- UNIQUE! Clear, streamlined writing style makes complex material more approachable.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show you how to apply the nursing process for successful clinical outcomes.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for clinical practice.
- More than 55 skills demonstrations guide you through each step for administering safe nursing care.
- More than 20 Procedural Guidelines clearly outline basic skill instructions.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for each skill alert you to potential problems and appropriate actions.
- Planning sections on Goals and Outcomes, Setting Priorities, and Teamwork and Collaborationhelp you plan and prioritize care.
- Implementation sections detail care guidelines for health promotion, acute care, and continuing care across all practice settings.
- Delegation coverage clarifies which skills can or cannot be delegated.
- Safe Patient Handling Guidelines help you ensure compliance with patient safety regulations.
- More than 25 Care Plans help you understand how to apply the 5-step nursing process to address individual patient problems.
- Patient Teaching boxes help you develop and implement successful strategies for patient education.
- Nursing Assessment Questions boxes help you phrase questions for more effective patient communication.
- Cultural Aspect of Care boxes provide practical guidelines for managing patients’ cultural needs and preferences.
- Focus on Older Adult boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this growing population.
- Key Points summarize important content for more efficient study.
- Key terms at the beginning of each chapter include convenient page references to complete definitions.
- More than 25 Concept Maps illustrate care planning for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- NOC outcomes, NIC interventions, and the latest NANDA diagnoses incorporated into Care Plans reflect national care standards you’ll encounter in practice.
- UNIQUE! Caring for the Cancer Survivor chapter prepares you for the special challenges involved in caring for cancer survivors who still face physical and emotional effects of the illness and its treatment.
- Engaging study tools on the Evolve companion website reinforce your understanding with convenient access to skills video clips, skills checklists, chapter audio summaries, answers to practice questions, a calculations tutorial, a searchable audio glossary, a Spanish/English glossary, and more.
New to this Edition
- NEW and UNIQUE! Building Competency boxes help you apply QSEN (Quality & Safety Education for Nurses) competencies to realistic clinical situations.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Expanded Evidence-Based Practice boxes highlight the importance of current clinical research in daily practice.
- NEW! Case studies in all clinical chapters allow you to practice using care plans and concept maps to perform clinical application exercises.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Clinical Application questions test your understanding of clinical practices.
- NEW! Skill guidelines for blood glucose monitoring help you ensure accurate readings when performing this common skill.
- NEW! Content on violence, genetics/genomics, compassion fatigue, bullying, and the accreditation process addresses current concerns in nursing practice.
- NEW! More than 725 review questions test your retention of key chapter concepts.
- NEW! Three comprehensive fundamentals practice exams and a calculations tutorial on the companion Evolve website help you assess your understanding.
- More than 100 NEW photos clarify procedures and familiarize you with the latest clinical equipment.
Patricia A. Potter (Author)
“With each new edition we make sure our references reflect the best evidence in nursing and allied health literature.”— Patricia A. Potter
Dr. Potter established the Nurses for Ferguson Scholarship opportunity in 2014 to encourage minority students to enter the nursing profession. Pat Potter, RN, PhD, FAAN, retired in 2017 after a long career as director of research for patient care services at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, and had been a nurse for 46 years. She and co-author Anne Perry authored the Fundamentals of Nursing textbook used by nursing schools around the world. Now in its tenth edition, the book has helped set the standards for nursing care in the US and internationally. This scholarship opportunity has been funded by Dr. Potter and dozens her colleagues who want new generations of nurses to continue to become caring, dedicated professionals, equipped with the knowledge and leadership needed to impact the quality of the field.
- Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN
Professor and Associate Dean
School of Nursing
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Patricia A. Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD
President of the College
Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing
- Amy M. Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE
Chair and White Family Endowed Professor of Nursing
Dunigan Family Department of Nursing and Health Sciences
University of Evansville
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF:
Unit 1: Nursing and the Health Care Environment
1. Nursing Today
2. The Health Care Delivery System
3. Community-Based Nursing Practice
4. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
5. Evidence-Based Practice
Unit 2: Caring Throughout the Life Span
6. Health and Wellness
7. Caring in Nursing Practice
8. Caring for the Cancer Survivor
9. Culture and Ethnicity
10. Caring for Families
11. Developmental Theories
12. Conception Through Adolescence
13. Young to Middle Adult
14. Older Adult
Unit 3: Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
15. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
16. Nursing Assessment
17. Nursing Diagnosis
18. Planning Nursing Care
19. Implementing Nursing Care
21. Managing Patient Care
Unit 4: Professional Standards in Nursing Practice
22. Ethics and Values
23. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
25. Patient Education
26. Documentation and Informatics
Unit 5: Foundations for Nursing Practice
27. Patient Safety
28. Infection Prevention and Infection Control
29. Vital Signs
30. Health Assessment and Physical Examination
31. Medication Administration
32. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 6: Psychosocial Basis for Nursing Practice
35. Spiritual Health
36. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief
37. Stress and Coping
Unit 7: Physiological Basis for Nursing Practice
38. Activity and Exercise
41. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
43. Pain Management
45. Urinary Elimination
46. Bowel Elimination
47. Mobility and Immobility
48. Skin Integrity and Wound Care
49. Sensory Alterations
50. Care of Surgical Patients
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF:
- Book Name : Fundamentals of Nursing
- Edition : 8th Edition | | ISBN : 0323088686
- Author Name : Patricia A. Potter
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 1397 Pages
Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 168 MB
Please use the link below to download Fundamentals of Nursing 8th Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.