“This volume is a very valuable and much needed contribution.” –Quarterly Review of Biology AT LAST – A comprehensive, accessible textbook on glial neurobiology! In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF.
Glial cells are the most numerous cells in the human brain but for many years have attracted little scientific attention. Neurophysiologists concentrated their research efforts instead, on neurones and neuronal networks because it was thought that they were the key elements responsible for higher brain function.
Recent advances, however, indicate this isn’t exactly the case. Not only are astroglial cells the stem elements from which neurones are born, but they also control the development, functional activity and death of neuronal circuits. These ground-breaking developments have revolutionized our understanding of the human brain and the complex interrelationship of glial and neuronal networks in health and disease.
Features of Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- An accessible introduction to glial neurobiology including an overview of glial cell function and its active role in neural processes, brain function and nervous system pathology
- An exploration of all the major types of glial cells including: the astrocytes, oligodendrocytes and microglia of the ACNS and Schwann cells of the peripheral nervous system; the book also presents a broad overview of glial receptors and ion channels
- An investigation into the role of glial cells in various types of brain diseases including stroke, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Alexander’s disease, brain oedema, multiple sclerosis and many more
- A wealth of illustrations, including unique images from the authors’ own libraries of images, describing the main features of glial cells
Written by two leading experts in the field, Glial Neurobiology provides a concise, authoritative introduction to glial physiology and pathology for undergraduate/postgraduate neuroscience, biomedical, medical, pharmacy, pharmacology, and neurology, neurosurgery and physiology students. It is also an invaluable resource for researchers in neuroscience, physiology, pharmacology and pharmaceutics.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF:
PART I Physiology of Glia
1 Introduction to Glia
2 General Overview of Signalling in the Nervous System
3 Morphology of Glial Cells
4 Glial Development
5 General Physiology of Glial Cells
6 Neuronal–Glial Interactions
PART II Glial Cells and Nervous System Function
8 Oligodendrocytes, Schwann Cells and Myelination
PART III Glia and Nervous System Pathology
9 General Pathophysiology of Glia
10 Glia and Diseases of the Nervous System
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF.
- Edition 1st Edition
- ISBN 0470015640
- Format PDF
- Page Count 214 Pages
- Author Alexei Verkhratsky, Arthur Butt
Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF:
FILE SIZE: 8.22 MB
Please use the link below to download Glial Neurobiology: A Textbook PDF for free:
Happy learning, folks! ?
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.