For over a decade, Global Health Watch has been the definitive source for alternative analysis on health and healthcare, challenging conventional wisdom and pioneering innovative new approaches to the field. This new edition addresses the key challenges facing governments and health practitioners today, within the context of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Global Health Watch 5 PDF.
Collaboratively written by academics and activists drawn from a variety of movements, research institutions, and civil society groups, its case studies cover some of the most pressing issues in world health, from the resurgence of epidemic diseases such as Ebola to antimicrobial resistance, climate change, and illegal drugs.
Combining rigorous analysis with practical policy suggestions, Global Health Watch 5 offers an accessible and compelling case for a radical new approach to healthcare across the world.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Global Health Watch 5: An Alternative World Health Report PDF:
Section A The global political and economic architecture
- Sustainable Development Goals in the Age of Neoliberalism
- Leave No One Behind’ – Are SDGs the Way Forward?
- Advances and Setbacks towards a Single Public Health System in Latin America
- Structural Roots of Migration
Section B Health systems: current issues and debates
- Universal Health Coverage: Only About Financial Protection?
- Revitalizing Community Control in Primary Healthcare
- Healthcare in the USA: Understanding the Medical-Industrial Complex
- Contextualizing the Struggle of Health Workers in South Africa
- The ‘New’ Karolinska Hospital: How PPPs Undermine Public Services
- Access to Healthcare of Migrants in the EU
- Informalization of Employment in Public Health Services in South Asia
Section C Beyond healthcare
- Climate Change, Environmental Degradation and Health: Confronting the Realities
- Gendered Approach to Reproductive and Sexual Health and Rights
- Health Reforms in Chile: Lack of Progress in Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Trade Agreements and Health of Workers
- Public Health in the Extractive Sector in East and Southern Africa
- The War on Drugs: From Law Enforcement to Public Health
Section D Watching
- Money Talks at the World Health Organization
- Private Philanthropic Foundations: What do they mean for Global Health?
- Management Consulting Firms in Global Health
- GAVI and Global Fund: Private Governance Structures Trump Public Oversight in Public Private Partnerships
- Investment Treaties: Holding Governments to Ransom
- Framing of Health as a Security Issue
- Politics of Data, Information and Knowledge
- Access and Benefit Sharing: The Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Framework
- Total Sanitation Programs at the Cost of Human Dignity
Section E Resistance, actions and change
- Social Movements Defend Progressive Health Reforms in El Salvador
- Contestations Concerning Management of Severe Acute Malnutrition in India
- People living with HIV in India: The Struggle for Access
- Community Engagement in the Struggle for Health in Italy
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of Global Health Watch 5 PDF.
- Edition 1st Edition
- ISBN 178699223X
- Format PDF
- Page Count 432 Pages
- Author Global Health Watch
Global Health Watch 5 PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Global Health Watch 5 PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Global Health Watch 5: An Alternative World Health Report PDF:
FILE SIZE: 24 MB
Please use the link below to download Global Health Watch 5 PDF for free:
Happy learning, folks! ?
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.