This AJN award-winning textbook helps readers understand and critically assess the U.S. health care system and policies. With a focus on the prevalence of disparities in health and health care, the book reviews the historical evolution and organization of our health care system. Several social justice theories are used to critically evaluate current U.S. health care systems and policies, providing readers with various perspectives of the field. Extensive coverage of our health care system’s structures, finances, and performance on a variety of population health indicators provides the necessary background, frameworks, and principles through which the adequacy of alternative health care system financing strategies can be analyzed. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services PDF.
Features of Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services PDF
Here are important features of this book:
Analyzes the current U.S. health care system and policies from several social justice theories, providing a critical examination of the field.
Examines the historical evolvement of the U.S. health care system, its financing and health care delivery structures, and the prospects for health care reform.
Analyzes disparities in access to health and health care by race, ethnicity, class, age, gender, and geography.
Compares the U.S. health care system with that of other democracies, providing a unique comparative perspective.
New to This Edition:
- Revised chapter on health care reform that considers the 2016 election and anticipated changes to the Affordable Care Act.
- Provides the latest information on the financing and organization of the U.S. health care system.
- Examines the nation’s health care needs, the prevalence of health and health care disparities, and the latest theories that explain the causal origins of health and health care disparities.
- Addresses the latest developments in health care policy domains such as long-term care, end-of-life care, and initiatives to reduce disparities in health.
- Updated data on long-term financing and expenditures including baby boomers’ increased demand for long-term services and expanded entitlements for the disabled.
- Updated instructor’s resources include for each chapter: chapter synopsis and learning objectives, ideas worth grasping, key terms and concepts, discussion questions, and writing assignments.
- This book is an ideal text for graduate courses in health care policy or disparities in the U.S. health care system in schools of social work, public health, nursing, medicine, and public policy and administration.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services PDF:
- A Primer on Theories of Social Justice and Defining the Problem of Health Care
- The Historical Evolvement of the U.S. Health Care System
- The Contemporary Organization of Health Care: Health Care Finance
- The Contemporary Organization of Health Care: Health Care
- Long-Term Care of the Aged and Disabled
- Disparities in Health and Health Care
- Social Epidemiology: Unraveling the Social Determinants of Disparities in Health
- Prospects for Just Health Care System Reform: A Political and Principled Analysis
Below are the technical specifications of Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services PDF.
- Book Name : Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services
- Edition : 3rd Edition | | ISBN : 0826168973
- Author Name : Gunnar Almgren MSW PhD;
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 346 Pages
Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 14.6 MB
Please use the link below to download Health Care Politics, Policy, and Services PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.