This comprehensive and authoritative text on heart disease in pregnancy – one of the leading causes of maternal death – will be of value to a wide audience of obstetricians, cardiologists, anaesthetists, midwives, and cardiac nurses. It provides consensus guidelines of great practical value in a compact and convenient format. Written by a multidisciplinary team, it covers both maternity and cardiac care. Contents range from pre-conception counselling and contraception, through practical templates for antenatal and intrapartum care, to long-term outcome for both mother and baby. It covers all causes of heart disease, both congenital and acquired. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Heart Disease and Pregnancy PDF.
Thoroughly updated, this new edition has reorganised the consensus statements about priorities in management. In addition, each chapter now starts with a summary of ‘Practical Practice Points’ to aid quick revision when seeing a patient with a specific problem. A new section on heart and lung transplantation has been added since the first edition.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Heart Disease and Pregnancy PDF:
Section 1 – Pregnancy Counseling and Contraception
1. Preconception counseling for women with cardiac disease
2. Contraception in women with heart disease
Section 2 – Antenatal Care: General Considerations
3. Cardiovascular changes in normal pregnancy
4. Antenatal care of women with cardiac disease: An obstetric perspective
5. Antenatal care of women with cardiac disease: A cardiac perspective
6. Cardiac monitoring during pregnancy
7. Cardiac drugs in pregnancy
8. Surgical and catheter intervention during pregnancy in women with heart disease
Section 3 – Antenatal Care: Fetal Considerations
9. Antenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease
10. Fetal care and surveillance in women with congenital heart disease
Section 4 – Antenatal Care: Specific Maternal Conditions
11. Management of women with prosthetic heart valves during pregnancy
12. Management of aortopathies, including Marfan syndrome and coarctation, in pregnancy
13. Management of mitral and aortic stenosis in pregnancy
14. Management of right heart lesions in pregnancy
15. Management of pulmonary hypertension in pregnancy
16. Management of cardiomyopathies in pregnancy
17. Management of ischemic heart disease in pregnancy
18. Management of maternal cardiac arrhythmias in pregnancy
19. Management of maternal endocarditis in pregnancy
20. Management of women with heart and lung transplantation in pregnancy
Section 5 – Intrapartum Care
21. Pregnancy and cardiac disease: Peripartum aspects
Section 6 – Postpartum Care
22. Management of the puerperium in women with heart disease
23. Impact of pregnancy on long-term outcomes in women with heart disease
24. Long-term outcome of pregnancy with heart disease
Below are the technical specifications of Heart Disease and Pregnancy PDF.
- Book Name : Heart Disease and Pregnancy
- Edition : 2nd Edition | | ISBN : 1107095948
- Author Name : Philip J Steer; Michael A Gatzoulis; Michael A Gatzoulis Philip J Steer;
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 278 Pages
Heart Disease and Pregnancy PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Heart Disease and Pregnancy PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 13.8 MB
Please use the link below to download Heart Disease and Pregnancy PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.