We provide you Medical Books PDF Format Free Download and today, in this article, we are going to share with you Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that, we proceed to the free PDF download of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
This lab manual emphasizes the basic principles of diagnostic microbiology for students preparing to enter the allied health field. Students are led through a series of exercises that allow them to learn basic microbiology techniques and practice safety in the laboratory and hospital environment. It is primarily oriented toward meeting the interests and needs of those who will be directly involved in patient care and wish to learn how microbiological principles should be applied in the practice of their professions.
The authors articulate the purposes and function of the clinical microbiology laboratory in the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Exercises illustrate the nature of laboratory procedures used for isolation and identification of infectious agents as well as the principles of asepsis, disinfection, and sterilization. The role of the health professional is highlighted in regard to the appropriate collection of clinical specimens and the application of aseptic and disinfectant techniques as they relate to patient care.
Features of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF
Here are the important features of this book:
NO FEATURES AVAILABLE!
Josephine A. Morello (Author)
Josephine Morello, Ph.D., an American microbiologist, is the founder and first editor-in-chief of the American Society for Microbiology’ Clinical Microbiology Reviews She is also a founding co-editor of the Clinical Microbiology Newsletter. Her expertise is in the area of clinical microbiology
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF:
PART ONE Basic Techniques of Microbiology Exercises
1. The Microscope
2. Handling and Examining Cultures
3. Simple Stains and Wet-Mount
5. Acid-Fast Stain 35
6. Culture Media 41
7. Streaking Technique to Obtain Pure Cultures
8. Subculture Techniques
PART TWO Destruction of Microorganisms
9. Moist and Dry Heat
10. The Autoclave
12. Antimicrobial Agent Susceptibility Testing and Resistance
PART THREE Diagnostic Microbiology in Action
13. Primary Media for Isolation of Microorganisms
14. Some Metabolic Activities of Bacteria
15. Activities of Bacterial Enzymes
17. Principles of Nucleic Acid Assays and Multiplex Syndrome Panel Testing for the Diagnosis of Infectious Disease
18. Principles and Applications of MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry for the Rapid Identification of Bacteria and Fungi
20. Streptococci, Pneumococci, and Enterococci
21. Haemophilus, Corynebacteria, and Bordetella
22. Clinical Specimens from the Respiratory Tract
23. The Enterobacteriaceae (Enteric Bacilli) and Other Clinically Important Gram-Negative Bacilli
24. Clinical Specimens from the Intestinal Tract
25. Urine Culture Techniques
26. Neisseria and Spirochetes
27. Clinical Specimens from Blood
28. Anaerobic Bacteria
30. Mycoplasmas, Rickettsiae, Chlamydiae, Viruses, and Prions
31. Fungi: Yeasts and Molds
32. Protozoa and Animal Parasites
33. Serodiagnosis of Infectious Disease
34. Principles and Practices of Infection
You might also be interested in!
You might also be interested in!
Below are the technical specifications of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF:
- Book Name: Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology: Applications to Patient Care
- Edition: 12th Edition | | ISBN: 978-1260002188
- Author Name: Josephine Morello, Paul Granato & Verna Morton
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages: PDF – 337 Pages
Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology 12th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 11.6 MB
Please use the link below to download Lab Manual and Workbook in Microbiology PDF:
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.