Meditation has been used for centuries to reduce stress, increase energy, and enhance overall health and well-being—so it’s no wonder more and more people in today’s fast-paced and stress-centric world are adopting this age-old practice. If you want to achieve a greater state of calmness, physical relaxation, and psychological balance, Meditation For Dummies is your life raft. Covering the latest research on the health benefits of meditation, this new edition explains in plain English how you can put meditation into practice today and start reaping the benefits of living a more mindful life. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Meditation For Dummies PDF.
Whether you’re new to meditation or a seasoned practitioner coming back for a refresher course, this plain-English guide provides a wealth of tips and techniques for sitting (or lying) down with your mind to meditate successfully. From preparing your body for meditation to focusing your awareness and being open to the present moment, it covers everything you need to put distractions to rest and open yourself up to a meditation practice that works for you.
Features of Meditation For Dummies PDF
Below are the important features of this book:
- Provides the latest research on the causes of happiness and how meditation can improve your mood
- Includes a new chapter on the growing trend of meditation in the workplace
- Explains how meditation and other mindfulness practices have made their way into hospitals, schools, prison, and military groups
- Illustrates the benefits of taking time to consciously cultivate mindfulness through meditation
- If you’re ready to find some zen and benefit from all meditation has to offer, this friendly guide sets you up for success.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Meditation For Dummies PDF:
PART 1: GETTING STARTED WITH MEDITATION.
- CHAPTER 1: Embarking on Your Meditation Journey
- CHAPTER 2: Why Meditate?
- CHAPTER 3: Zen and Now: Where Meditation Comes From
- CHAPTER 4: Your Brain on Meditation and How It Impacts Your Life
PART 2: BEGINNING YOUR MEDITATION PRACTICE
- CHAPTER 5: Laying the Foundation: Motivation, Attitude, and Beginner’s Mind
- CHAPTER 6: How Your Mind Stresses You Out and What You Can Do about It
- CHAPTER 7: Mindfulness Meditation: Awareness of the Here and Now
- CHAPTER 8: Preparing Your Body for Meditation
- CHAPTER 9: Where to Sit, What to Wear, and Other Practical Stuff
- CHAPTER 10: Just Doing It: Discipline, Effort, and Letting Go
- CHAPTER 11: Opening Your Heart with Love and Compassion
PART 3: TROUBLESHOOTING AND FINE-TUNING YOUR PRACTICE
- CHAPTER 12: Meditating with Challenging Emotions and Habitual Patterns
- CHAPTER 13: Troubleshooting Common Roadblocks and Side Effects
- CHAPTER 14: Developing a Practice That Works for You
PART 4: MEDITATION IN ACTION
- CHAPTER 15: Cultivating Spirituality
- CHAPTER 16: Don’t Worry, Be Happy — with Meditation.
- CHAPTER 17: Meditating in Everyday Life
- CHAPTER 18: Using Meditation for Healing and Performance Enhancement
PART 5: THE PART OF TENS
- CHAPTER 19: Ten Commonly Asked Questions about Meditation
- CHAPTER 20: Ten Favorite All-Purpose Meditations
Below are the technical specifications of Meditation For Dummies PDF.
- Book Name : Meditation For Dummies
- Edition : 4th Edition | | ISBN : 9781118291443
- Author Name : Stephan Bodian;
- Category : Non-fiction
- Format / Pages : PDF – 408 Pages
Meditation For Dummies PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Meditation For Dummies PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 15.1 MB
Please use the link below to download Meditation For Dummies PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.