Today, in this article, we are going to share with you On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Portable and extremely practical, On Call Principles and Protocols, 5th Edition, by Drs. Marshall and Ruedy, is the bestselling handbook you can trust to guide you quickly and confidently through virtually any on-call situation. This new edition takes you step by step through the most common on-call problems and approaches, giving you up-to-date information and clear protocols on what to do and how to do it quickly, from phone calls to “elevator thoughts” to patients’ bedsides.
You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call – from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
Features of On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Effectively manage calls in the hospital with coverage of topics such as Approach to Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems; Documentation; Assessment and Management of Volume Status; and AIDS, HBV, HCV, Influenza, and the House Officer.
- Access key information on the most common on-call problems and approaches with consistent, templated coverage of what to do from the initial phone call, “Elevator Thoughts,” how to immediately identify major threats to life, and what to do at the bedside.
- Learn the questions you should ask to assess the urgency of each situation, and master the ideal approach to diagnose and manage patients, communicate with colleagues and families, and avoid common mistakes for every call.
- Understand the major threats to life you must consider before arriving at bedside.
- Find information quickly with an easy-to-read format, color highlighting of medications and other critical information, and a unique layout designed for fast reference.
- Keep this portable guide right where you need it – in your pocket when you’re on call.
- Confidently assess and manage common on-call problems with comprehensive updates throughout this edition.
- Learn how best to handle life-threatening issues regarding stroke in a brand-new chapter.
- Quickly access a detailed, updated and expanded formulary of commonly used medications.
Be prepared when on call with quick and concise answers to common clinical issues
Shane A. Marshall MD FRCPC (Author)
Dr. Shane Marshall is an award-winning cardiologist with over twenty-five years of experience in diagnosing and treating cardiac conditions.
He is the recipient of the University of Ottawa Gold Medal for graduating first in his medical class, after which he completed a fellowship in Internal Medicine at the University of British Columbia where he held the position of Chief Medical Resident at St. Paul’s Hospital. He completed a Cardiology fellowship at the University of Toronto where he held the position of Chief Cardiology Fellow at Toronto General Hospital. While in Toronto he served as the physician consultant to the Ontario Heart and Stroke Foundation.
He then studied Echocardiography at Harvard University before finally settling in Bermuda where he cofounded the Bermuda Heart Foundation which raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for cardiac care in Bermuda. He also founded Heartline, a six-week cardiac rehabilitation course for patients recovering from heart attacks and heart surgery.
In Bermuda he has served as Chief of Cardiology and Chief of Medicine at King Edward VIIth Memorial Hospital, and he is currently the Director and Owner of the Cardiac Echo Lab. He runs a busy cardiology practice looking after everything from complex congenital heart disease to implantable defibrillators. Dr. Marshall is a sought-after teacher and guest speaker, and has head-lined at numerous town hall meetings, radio shows, and medical events.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF:
1. Approach to the Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems
2. Documentation of On-Call Problems
3. Assessment and Management of Volume Status
4. HIV, HBV, HCV, Influenza, and the House Officer
Patient-Related Problems: The Common Calls
5. Abdominal Pain
6. Chest Pain
7. Combativeness: The Out-of-Control Patient
8. Confusion/Decreased Level of Consciousness
9. Decreased Urine Output
11. Fall Out of Bed
13. Gastrointestinal Bleeding
15. Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
16. High Blood Pressure
17. Hypnotics, Laxatives, Analgesics, and Antipyretics
18. Hypotension and Shock
19. Leg Pain
20. Lines, Tubes, and Drains
21. Polyuria, Frequency, and Incontinence
22. Pronouncing Death
24. Shortness of Breath
25. Skin Rashes and Urticaria
28. Transfusion Reactions
Laboratory-Related Problem: The Common Calls
29. Acid-Base Disorders
31. Calcium Disorders
32. Coagulation Disorders
33. Glucose Disorders
34. Potassium Disorders
35. Sodium Disorders
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF:
- Book Name : On Call Principles and Protocols
- Edition : 5th Edition | | ISBN : 1437723713
- Author Name: Shane A. Marshall, John Ruedy
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 617 Pages
On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 8.18 MB
Please use the link below to download On Call Principles and Protocols 5th Edition PDF:
DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED DUE TO COPYRIGHT OWNER REQUEST
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.