Today, in this article, we are going to share with you On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Clinical judgment is a critical aspect – perhaps the most critical aspect – of efficient, accurate, and cost-effective patient care. Focusing on essential clinical skills, On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls helps clinicians in training and in practice to identify the critical findings that will simplify complex clinical problems and lead to an accurate diagnosis.
One thousand easy-to-remember clinical aphorisms, or “pearls,” help you distinguish the important findings from the incidental, pointing out the distinctive features amidst the mass of data that is accumulated in the evaluation of a sick patient, and leading to the development of mature clinical judgment.
Features of On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF
Here are important features of this book:
The book starts by describing the history and physical examination process and provides a number of pertinent thoughts on how important performing these services diligently is the basis for success. The author then moves through some organ systems and discusses the pearls that have developed over time related to each.
The format is engaging with the pearl statement followed by a short discussion about the concept. The pearl is not taken literally, and the discussion clarifies the concept and highlights shortcomings of a literal acceptance.
- Go “on rounds” with one of the most respected educators in internal medicine and learn from his nearly 50 years of clinical experience.
- Focus on the areas that are often a source of confusion for students, trainees, and even seasoned practitioners.
- Learn each pearl in a relevant clinical context, with tables, clinical images, and physiology information, where appropriate.
- Recognize “black pearls:” statements that, although widely believed, are demonstrably false.
- Improve your clinical judgment skills whether you’re a resident or an experienced clinician.
- Carry these pocket-sized pearls with you for quick reference.
Lewis Landsberg (Author)
- MD: Yale University (1964)
- Internship: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Medicine (1965)
- Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Medicine (1966)
- Fellowship: National Institutes of Health (1968)
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF:
1 THE CLINICAL EVALUATION
- THE PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
- LABORATORY TESTS
- SOME WIDELY APPLICABLE CLINICAL APHORISMS
- OTHER CHANGES IN THE CELLULAR ELEMENTS OF THE BLOOD
- THROMBOTIC DISORDERS AND COAGULOPATHIES
3 RHEUMATOLOGY: ARTHRITIS, AUTOIMMUNE AND COLLAGEN VASCULAR DISEASES
- NON-ANCA–ASSOCIATED VASCULITIDES
- COLLAGEN VASCULAR DISEASES
- IgG4-RELATED DISEASE
- PAGET’S DISEASE OF BONE
- SEVERE DRUG REACTIONS
- THE DRESS SYNDROME (DRUG REACTION, RASH, EOSINOPHILIA, SYSTEMIC
4 THE HEART AND CIRCULATION
- CARDIAC ISCHEMIA
- VALVULAR CARDIAC LESIONS
- LEFT VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY (LVH) AND HYPERTROPHIC
- CARDIOMYOPATHY (HCM)
- CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE IN ADULTS
- ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION
- ESSENTIAL HYPERTENSION
- MALIGNANT HYPERTENSION
- SECONDARY HYPERTENSION
- AORTIC DISSECTION
6 THE KIDNEY AND DISORDERS OF FLUID AND ACID–BASE BALANCE
- ABNORMAL RENAL FUNCTION TESTS
- URINARY SODIUM AND POTASSIUM
- ACID–BASE DISTURBANCES
- INTRINSIC RENAL DISEASE
7 ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISM
- DIABETES MELLITUS
- MULTIPLE ENDOCRINE NEOPLASIA SYNDROMES
- THYROID DISEASE
- ANTERIOR PITUITARYADRENAL CORTEX
8 FEVER, TEMPERATURE REGULATION, AND THERMOGENESIS
- CENTRAL REGULATION OF CORE TEMPERATURE
- FEVER AND HYPERTHERMIA
- HEAT GENERATION AND DISSIPATION
- DIURNAL VARIATION IN TEMPERATURE
- NIGHT SWEATS
9 INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- FEVER OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN
- INFECTIONS OF SPECIFIC SITES
- BACTERIAL GASTROENTERITIS
- SPECIFIC INFECTIOUS AGENTS
- GLOBALIZATION AND INFECTIOUS DISEASE
- BLOOD GASES
- PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTS
- TUBERCULOSIS (TB)
- PULMONARY THROMBOEMBOLIC DISEASE
11 THE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT, PANCREAS, AND LIVER
- THE GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT
- THE PANCREAS
- BILIARY TRACT DISEASE
- PORTAL CIRRHOSIS
- CARCINOID TUMORS
- PATHOGENESIS OF OBESITY
- CARDIOVASCULAR AND METABOLIC CONSEQUENCES OF OBESITY
- OBESITY AND OTHER DISEASES
13 MALIGNANCY AND PARANEOPLASTIC SYNDROMES
- BRONCHOGENIC CARCINOMA
- RENAL CELL CARCINOMA
- MULTIPLE MYELOMA
14 NEUROMUSCULAR DISEASE
- ACUTE CEREBROVASCULAR EVENTS (STROKES)
- MOTOR NEURON DISEASE
- COMPLICATIONS OF PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS SEIZURES
15 COMPLICATIONS OF ALCOHOLISM
- NERVOUS SYSTEM
- ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL SYNDROMES
- ALCOHOL AND THE HEART
- HEMATOLOGIC CONSEQUENCES OF ALCOHOLISM
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF:
- Book Name: On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls
- Edition : 1st Edition | | ASIN: B0128OQG6C
- Author Name: Lewis Landsberg
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 247 Pages
On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of On Rounds: 1000 Internal Medicine Pearls PDF:
FILE SIZE: 3.00 MB
Please use the link below to download On Rounds PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.