Today, in this article, we are going to share with you Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
“The third edition is an invaluable reference book for the novice perioperative nurse or surgical technologist. For someone studying for the CNOR, this is a tremendous resource book and study guide.”
–The AORN Journal, December 2008
This pocket guide presents more than 500 surgical procedures! State-of-the-art revisions familiarize the reader with new standards of excellence for care of the surgical patient in the perioperative environment.
For each procedure, you’ll find a definition
- description of the surgery
- preparation of the patient
- skin preparation
- draping technique
- and special notes pertinent to that surgery.
Comprehensive patient care is addressed, including psychological care of the patient in surgery
- safety measures for the patient and perioperative personnel
- the written record of intra-, pre- and postoperative care
- The Joint Commission’s Universal Protocol and AORN’s standards and recommended practices, (including correct site and laterality considerations).
Its in-depth coverage also encompasses charting as a legal document
- patient teaching
- detailed surgical patient positioning with drawings
- anesthesia and anesthetic agents
- laser application
- endoscopy (including laparoscopic, hysteroscopic, thoracoscopic, and arthroscopic procedures)
- microsurgery (including microendoscopy and microneuroendoscopy)
- harmonic scalpel
- argon beam coagulator
- special considerations for the pediatric patient in surgery, (including anesthesia modifications and surgical procedures).
Features of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- This guide was written for perioperative nurses, surgical technologists, and students in these disciplines.
- Features extensive coverage of minimal access surgery, including endoscopic procedures for multiple specialties, microsurgical techniques, and instrumentation for these procedures.
- Updates the section on anesthesia and anesthetic drugs.
- Describes equipment and instrument trays, including pediatric trays.
- Addresses the roles of the registered nurse and the surgical technologist in the perioperative environment.
- Provides charting/documentation of care to comply with medicolegal requirements.
- Includes a Surgical Assessment and Perioperative Checklist, and a Preoperative Care Plan adaptable to the individual patient, complete with areas that focus on nursing care and desired outcomes.
- Fits in a lab coat pocket for immediate reference.
- Offers a Bibliography that provides sources for additional reading, including websites.
Maxine A. Goldman BS RN (Author)
Maxine A. Goldman graduated from Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida (1 of top 12 in the nation) in ’68. She worked as a staff RN in Miami and after moving to L.A. at Kaiser Foundation Hospital. Within 1 year she became head nurse of orthopedic surgery and 1 year later was appointed an inservice clinical education instructor in surgery, teaching RNs and STs. She worked in surgery part time while raising her children.
She also worked at Medical Center of Tarzana where she wrote and taught a surgical proficency course to RNs that was credited by the state of California for 203 hours of continuing education. She is sole author of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room and is currently writing her 4th ed. This unique Guide describes perioperative care of the patient with an emphasis on patient safety for over 500 surgeries. It has a consistent, systematic approach for the conduction of each procedure, making it a valuable resource to the 1st assistant as well as the novice practitioner.
Maxine is also the Surgical Consultant to Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF:
Part 1: Perioperative Considerations: Preoperative, Intraoperative, and Postoperative Care, Including Psychological Support of the Surgical Patient
- Perioperative Care of the Patient
- Protection of the Patient in Surgery/Patient Safety
- Safety Measures for Operating Room Personnel
Part 2: Anesthesia: General Information
- Anesthesia Modalities
- General Anesthesia
- Conduction Anesthesia
Part 3: Technological Adjuncts to Surgery
- Laser Technology
- Endoscopy: A Minimal Access Approach
- Harmonic Scalpel and Plasma Scalpel
- Argon Beam Coagulator
- Radiofrequency Ablation
Part 4: Surgical Procedures
- Integumentary and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Breast Surgery
- Abdominal Extraintestinal Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Gynecologic and Obstetric Surgery
- Genitourinary Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Neck Surgery
- Otorhinolaryngological (ENT) Surgery
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Dental Surgery
- Radiation Therapy/Radiotherapy Procedures
- Pediatric Surgery
Part 5: Instrument Trays
- General Surgery Instrument Trays
- Gynecologic and Obstetric Trays
- Genitourinary Trays
- Thoracic Instrument Trays
- Cardiovascular Procedures Instrument Trays
- Orthopedic Instrument Trays
- Neurosurgical Procedures Instrument Trays
- Plastic Surgery Instrument Trays
- Otorhinolaryngologic (ENT) Instrument Trays
- Ophthalmic Procedures Trays
- Dental Instrument Trays
- Pediatric Instrument Trays
Below are the technical specifications of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF:
- Book Name : Pocket Guide to the Operating Room
- Edition : 3rd Edition | | ISBN : 0803612265
- Author Name : Maxine A. Goldman BS RN
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 1279 Pages
Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 6.00 MB
Please use the link below to download Pocket Guide to the Operating Room 3rd Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
** LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR LATEST e-BOOK DOWNLOADS **