Developed 20 years ago by leading innovators in the field, the keyhole concept of brain surgery has become an integral part of the practice of neurosurgery. This timely and comprehensive book covers the thinking, philosophy, and techniques of modern keyhole brain surgery, including a realistic assessment of its benefits and limitations. Written by expert practitioners and highlighted by vivid surgical illustrations and procedural videos, Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery functions as an experienced mentor working side by side with neurosurgeons as they master the techniques. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery PDF.
Features of Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Introduces the basic principles of the keyhole approach, including the practical, technical, and logistical aspects of planning procedures and operating through small openings
- Beautifully illustrated with nearly 900 endoscopic images, diagrams, surgical drawings, and operative photographs, many showing step-by-step procedures
- Details the pivotal role of the endoscope in keyhole brain surgery and its ability to provide multiple angles of visualization, including a useful catalog of clinical situations where the endoscope has proven most effective
- Demonstrates contemporary keyhole approaches (e.g. the eyebrow/sub-frontal approach) in procedures for supratentorial intra-axial brain tumors, tumors of the cribriform plate and orbit, parasellar masses, craniopharyngiomas, tumors of the middle fossa and cavernous sinus and many other conditions in the cranial base
- Offers more than 100 procedural videos on the Thieme’s MediaCenter, narrated by the authors and aligned to chapters in the book for an unparalleled learning resource.
Providing all the information necessary to achieve surgical goals through well placed, smaller openings—with the added benefits of shorter procedures, fewer wound complications and better patient
outcomes—Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery is essential
for every neurosurgeon in practice today.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery PDF:
- An Introduction to the Keyhole Concept
- Cognitive Principles of Planning Keyhole Approaches
- Technical Principles of Operating in Keyhole Craniotomies
- The Role of Endoscopy in Keyhole Surgery
- An Atlas of Intracranial Endoscopy
- Steps in Common Keyhole Approaches
- Endonasal Surgery and Its Current Role in Neurosurgical Paradigms
- Keyhole Surgery for Supratentorial Intra-Axial Tumors
- Keyhole Approaches to Tumors of the Cribriform Plate and Orbit
- Keyhole Approaches to Parasellar Masses and the Interpeduncular Space
- Keyhole Approaches to Tumors of the Middle Fossa, Cavernous Sinus, Tentorium and Lateral Midbrain
- The Cerebellopontine Angle
- Tackling the Petrous Apex through a Keyhole
- Keyhole Surgery of the Tectum and Pineal Region
- Keyhole Surgery for Foramen Magnum, Fourth Ventricular, and Midline Cerebellar Tumors
Below are the technical specifications of Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery PDF.
- Book Name : Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery
- Edition : 1st Edition | | ISBN : 3131758511
- Author Name : Charles Teo; Michael E Sughrue;
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 272 Pages
Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 28.5 MB
Please use the link below to download Principles and Practice of Keyhole Brain Surgery PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
** LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR LATEST e-BOOK DOWNLOADS **