We provide you Medical Books PDF Format Free Download and today, in this article, we are going to share with you Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that, we proceed to the free PDF download of Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
For 25 years, Rang and Dale’s Pharmacology has delivered the core basic and clinical science information required by students and healthcare practitioners worldwide. Authors H. P. Rang, J. M. Ritter, R. J. Flower, and G. Henderson have ensured that the 8th Edition of this easy-to-read, comprehensive text continues the tradition of excellence with new coverage of drugs affecting the skin and new components online at Student Consult.
Features of Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF
Here are the important features of this book:
- Get the essential pharmacology information you need from one authoritative source with an outstanding global reputation for excellence.
- Progress confidently through all relevant aspects of pharmacology, beginning with a molecular understanding of receptors and drug actions through clinical uses of key groups of drugs.
- Find important content quickly thanks to a color-coded layout that enables easy navigation and cross-referencing.
- Master difficult concepts with Key Points boxes, Clinical Uses boxes, and full-color illustrations throughout.
- Stay up to date with new information in the field, including an all-new chapter on drugs that affect the skin.
- Take advantage of new and unique features online, including 500+ chapter-specific multiple choice questions for immediate self-assessment.
- eBook version included! For the first time, you can access the entire book online or offline across all devices with the Student Consult eBook!
James M. Ritter (Author)
James M. Ritter, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology, United Medical and Dental Schools, Guy’s and St Thomas’s Hospitals. Lionel D. Lewis, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Timothy G.K. Mant, Guy’s Hospital.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF:
Section 1: General principles
1. What is pharmacology?
2. How drugs act: general principles
3. How drugs act: molecular aspects
4. How drugs act: cellular aspects—excitation, contraction and secretion
5. Cell proliferation, apoptosis, repair and regeneration
6. Cellular mechanisms: host defence
7. Method and measurement in pharmacology
8. Drug absorption and distribution
9. Drug metabolism and elimination
11. Pharmacogenetics, pharmacogenomics and ‘personalised medicine’
Section 2: Chemical mediators
12. Chemical mediators and the autonomic nervous system
13. Cholinergic transmission
14. Noradrenergic transmission
15. 5-Hydroxytryptamine and the pharmacology of migraine
17. Local hormones: cytokines, biologically active lipids, amines and peptides
19. Peptides and proteins as mediators
20. Nitric oxide
Section 3: Drugs affecting major organ systems
21. The heart
22. The vascular system
23. Atherosclerosis and lipoprotein metabolism
24. Haemostasis and thrombosis
25. Haemopoietic system and treatment of anaemia
26. Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant drugs
27. The respiratory system
28. The kidney
29. The gastrointestinal tract
30. The control of blood glucose and drug treatment of diabetes mellitus
32. The pituitary and the adrenal cortex
33. The thyroid
34. The reproductive system
35. Bone metabolism
Section 4: The nervous system
36. Chemical transmission and drug action in the central nervous system
37. Amino acid transmitters
38. Other transmitters and modulators
39. Neurodegenerative diseases
40. General anaesthetic agents
41. Analgesic drugs
42. Local anaesthetics and other drugs affecting sodium channels
43. Anxiolytic and hypnotic drugs
44. Antiepileptic drugs
45. Antipsychotic drugs
46. Antidepressant drugs
47. CNS stimulants and psychotomimetic drugs
48. Drug addiction, dependence and abuse
Section 5: Drugs used for the treatment of infections, cancer and immunological disorders
49. Basic principles of antimicrobial chemotherapy
50. Antibacterial drugs
51. Antiviral drugs
52. Antifungal drugs
53. Antiprotozoal drugs
54. Anthelminthic drugs
55. Anticancer drugs
Section 6: Special topics
56. Individual variation and drug interaction
57. Harmful effects of drugs
58. Lifestyle drugs and drugs in sport
59. Biopharmaceuticals and gene therapy
60. Drug discovery and development
You might also be interested in!
You might also be interested in!
Below are the technical specifications of Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF:
- Book Name: Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition
- Edition: 8th Edition | | ISBN: 978-0702053627
- Author Name: James M. Ritter DPhil FRCP FBPharmacolS FMedSci, Rod J. Flower PhD DSc FBPharmacolS FMedSci FRS & Graeme Henderson BSc PhD FBPharmacolS FSB
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages: PDF – 738 Pages
Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 100 MB
Please use the link below to download Rang & Dale’s Pharmacology 8th Edition PDF:
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.