Seating and Wheeled Mobility: A Clinical Resource Guide presents clinical assessment considerations when working with a person with a disability who may need wheelchair seating for postural support, skin integrity, or a wheelchair base to best meet dependent or independent mobility needs. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF.
Michelle L. Lange and Jean Minkel have designed this text to support occupational and physical therapists, complex rehabilitation technology suppliers, and even third-party payers who are interested in wheelchair seating and mobility assessment and applications. Seating and Wheeled Mobility provides a wide spectrum of information from foundational information for those practitioners who are new to the field to in-depth, population-specific information for practitioners who perhaps have not worked with a particular population in the past.
Information sharing, opportunities for demonstration and trial, and patience on the part of the clinician working with the person with a disability are all critical precursors to the actual process of making equipment recommendations.
Features of Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Seating and Wheeled Mobility is divided into sections, each addressing a different area of clinical practice.
- The first section is an in-depth presentation of the assessment process and the critical understanding of pressure management needed by the clinical team when working with a client population who rely on wheeled mobility.
- The second section focuses on postural support. Also included is a completely updated method to measure and describe the seated person and related support surfaces needed when recommending a device.
- The third section lays the foundation for clinical decision making around the assessment for and application of the most appropriate wheeled mobility device.
- The fourth section provides in-depth clinical applications for each category of mobility devices. Also addressed is proper documentation to assist in the funding of these devices.
- The fifth section provides population-specific information regarding the clinical application of position, pressure management, and functional mobility as it applies to the pediatric, geriatric, and bariatric populations, as well as persons with both degenerative and complex neuromuscular impairments.
- The last section presents additional considerations when working with persons who are aging with a disability, environmental assessments, transportation, and the application of standards.
Seating and Wheeled Mobility: A Clinical Resource Guide provides the depth and breadth of the clinical practice of wheelchair seating and mobility to both those who are new to the field, as well as seasoned professionals.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF:
Section I Postural Support and Pressure Management: Foundational Information
Section II Postural Support and Pressure Management: Clinical Applications
Section III Wheeled Mobility: Foundational Information
Section IV Wheeled Mobility: Clinical Applications
Section V Putting It Together: Specialty Applications
Section VI Additional Considerations
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF.
- Edition 1st Edition
- ISBN 1630913960
- Format PDF
- Page Count 406 Pages
- Author Michelle L Lange, Jean Minkel
Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF:
FILE SIZE: 25 MB
Please use the link below to download Seating and Wheeled Mobility PDF for free:
Happy learning, folks! ?
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.