Now in its second edition, Sports Medicine: Study Guide and Review for Boards is the leading comprehensive review text surveying the breadth of non-surgical sports medicine. Covering topics pertinent to (and found on) the Sports Medicine board examination, the book is intended as a primary study tool for candidates preparing for the exam or recertification. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Sports Medicine PDF.
“This book promises and delivers a concise and yet comprehensive review of sports medicine equally suitable for physiatrists and other clinicians preparing to sit for the sports medicine certification examination. The reviewers also recommend this book to residents and fellows looking for a concise study guide to sports medicine.”
All of the subject areas tested on the boards are represented, including basic science and general procedures, health promotion and preventive interventions, emergency assessment and care, and diagnosis, management, and treatment of the full range of sports-related injuries and conditions. The editors have used the exam content outline as a blueprint for organizing the book so the space allotted to each chapter reflects the corresponding emphasis of the topic on the exam.
For the Second Edition, all chapters have been completely revised and updated to reflect the latest information and practice guidelines. A new section devoted to “Hot Topics” features new chapters on regenerative medicine and sports ultrasound, two rapidly expanding areas. This edition also contains a practice test with over 250 questions to help candidates identify knowledge gaps and fine-tune test taking skills prior to the examination.
This proven resource for board review, program, or practical use provides the concise, high-yield facts that residents, fellows, trainees, and cliniciansin any discipline need to supplement their training in non-operative sports medicine.
Features of Sports Medicine PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Written in outline format for easy access to pertinent information
- Provides a comprehensive review of all topics covered on the Sports Medicine Board examination
- Editors and contributors are renowned experts and teachers in the field of sports medicine and relevant medical and surgical specialties
- Includes more than 100 figures and tables to illustrate key points and enhance learning
- New practice test assesses clinical knowledge and assists with final preparation for boards, MOC, or in-training exams
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Sports Medicine PDF:
Part I. General Topics
1. Overview of the Examination
2. The Role of the Team Physician
3. Exercise Physiology
4. Sports Biomechanics
6. Principles of Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
7. Sports Medicine Procedures
Part II. Health Promotion and Injury Prevention
8. Preparticipation Examination
9. Strength and Conditioning Techniques
11. Exercise Prescription, Exercise Testing, and Exercise Screening
12. Event Administration
13. Braces and Protective Equipment
Part III. Diagnosis and Treatment of Sports Injuries and Conditions Musculoskeletal Injuries and Conditions
14. General Concepts of Muscle and Tendon Injuries and Conditions
15. Bone Injuries and Conditions
16. Cartilage and Joint Injuries and Conditions
17. Fracture and Dislocation Management
18. Cervical Spine Injuries and Conditions
19. Emergency Evaluation and Management of Cervical Spine Injuries
20. Lumbar Spine Injuries and Conditions
Below are the technical specifications of Sports Medicine PDF.
- Edition 2nd Edition
- ISBN 1620700883
- Format PDF
- Page Count 675 Pages
- Author Mark A Harrast MD, Jonathan T Finnoff MD,
Sports Medicine PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Sports Medicine PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 25.3 MB
Please use the link below to download Sports Medicine PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.