Every trainee needs a personal copy of this book. If you just buy one for the laboratory, it will ‘walk’ within days. The Journal of Laryngology & Otology exceptionally well done. It is accessible for interns starting in the temporal bone lab but contains enough depth for upper level residents and fellows. It is well written and contains excellent illustrations and video content.This would make an excellent tool for any resident or young faculty member interested in improving their understanding of temporal bone anatomy. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Temporal Bone Dissection Guide PDF.
The second edition of this indispensable guide provides a step-by-step approach to learning the anatomy and principal procedures of temporal bone dissection starting with mastoidectomy and including approaches to the internal auditory canal and jugular foramen. The renowned authors share their collective wisdom and pearls gleaned from years of treating patients with temporal bone disease and teaching these methodologies to medical students, residents, and fellows. Procedural details are presented throughout 10 detailed chapters, accompanied by beautiful sequential illustrations and videos.
One of the most complex regions of the human body, the temporal bone and adjacent skull base present unique surgical challenges. Critical neurovascular structures traverse complex pathways through the temporal bone, which itself has highly variable anatomy. Tumors and erosive lesions create additional anatomical barriers that make effective access and resection of diseased areas difficult. At the same time, the surgical skills required to navigate this anatomy are indispensable to the management of ear disease and associated disability, and provide alternative approaches with less morbidity to intracranial pathology. This book presents technical and strategic considerations for safe and effective temporal bone surgery.
Features of Temporal Bone Dissection Guide PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Videos of cadaveric and surgical dissections highlight critical technical steps and appropriate execution
- More than 160 meticulous, expertly illustrated pen and ink drawings of progressive dissections
- A new chapter on middle ear endoscopy details key anatomical features and technical maneuvers integral to this approach
- New chapters on infratemporal surgical dissection and the intraoperative management of complications are also presented
- Expanded coverage of the middle fossa approach to the internal auditory canal and methods of assessing competencies when training novice surgeons in temporal bone dissection
This is a must-have tool that will enable residents and novice surgeons to translate laboratory skills to the operating room and perform safe, efficacious and efficient dissection of the temporal bone. It is the quintessential learning guide for residents in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery and skull base surgery, as well as an excellent teaching and assessment tool for faculty.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Temporal Bone Dissection Guide PDF:
- Introduction to Temporal Bone Dissection
- Anatomy of the Temporal Bone
- Endoscopic Middle Ear Dissection
- Translabyrinthine Exposure of the Internal Auditory Canal
- The Middle Cranial Fossa Approach to the Internal Auditory Canal
- Dissection of the Infratemporal Fossa
- Skill Transfer to the Operating Room, Including Management of Complications
- Achieving Mastery in Temporal Bone Dissection: Role of Deliberate Practice and Formative
Below are the technical specifications of Temporal Bone Dissection Guide PDF.
- Book Name : Temporal Bone Dissection Guide
- Edition : 2nd Edition | | ISBN : 1626231133
- Author Name : Howard W Francis; John K Niparko;
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 80 Pages
Temporal Bone Dissection Guide PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Temporal Bone Dissection Guide PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 11.1 MB
Please use the link below to download Temporal Bone Dissection Guide PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.