Today, in this article, we are going to share with you Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
This comprehensive volume is widely regarded as the definitive practitioner resource and text in the field of biofeedback and applied psychophysiology. Leading experts cover basic concepts, assessment, instrumentation, clinical procedures, and professional issues. Chapters describe how traditional and cutting-edge methods are applied in treatment of a wide range of disorders, including headaches, temporomandibular disorders, essential hypertension, pelvic floor disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, tinnitus, and others.
Applications for optimizing physical performance among artists and athletes are also reviewed. A wealth of information and empirical research is presented in an accessible style, including helpful glossaries.
Features of Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- Incorporates significant technological developments and new research areas.
- Expanded focus on specialized applications, such as electroencephalographic (EEG) biofeedback/neurofeedback and heart rate variability biofeedback.
- Chapters on surface electromyography, quantitative EEG, and consumer products.
- Chapters on cognitive-behavioral therapy and relaxation training.
- Chapters on additional clinical problems: anxiety disorders, asthma, work-related pain, traumatic brain injury, autism spectrum disorders, and substance use disorders.
Mark S. Schwartz (Author)
Mark S. Schwartz, PhD, is past chair of the Biofeedback Certification Institute of America (now Biofeedback Certification International Alliance; BCIA); serves on the Mayo Clinic Emeritus Staff; and has a private practice in Jacksonville, Florida. He recently served as Visiting Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of North Florida. Past president of the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB), Dr. Schwartz is board certified by the BCIA, a Diplomate in Clinical Sexology of the American Board of Sexology, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Assessment Psychology.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF:
I. Orientation to Biofeedback
- The History and Definitions of Biofeedback and Applied Psychophysiology
- Entering the Field and Assuring Competence
- A Primer of Traditional Biofeedback Instrumentation
- Advanced Topics in Surface Electromyography: Instrumentation and Applications
- Cardiorespiratory Measurement and Assessment in Applied Psychophysiology
- Electroencephalographic Measures and Biofeedback: A Primer, Nicola Neumann
- Quantitative Electroencephalography and Electroencephalographic
- Introduction to Psychophysiological Assessment and Biofeedback Baselines
- Consumer- and Home-Based Biofeedback, Mark S. Schwartz & Frank Andrasik
III. Adjunctive/Complementary Interventions
- Dietary Considerations
- Biofeedback and Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions: Reciprocal Contributions
IV. Relaxation Interventions
- Relaxation Today: Self-Stressing and Psychological Relaxation Theory
- Cardiorespiratory Biofeedback
V. Practice Issues
- Intake and Preparation for Intervention
- Problems Associated with Relaxation Procedures and Biofeedback, and Guidelines for Management
- Ethical Practice Issues and Concerns
- Myths, Insurance, and Other Professional Topics and Issues
- Evaluating Research in Clinical Biofeedback
VI. Clinical Applications: Traditional General Biofeedback Practice
- Temporomandibular Muscle and Joint Disorders
- Raynaud’s Disease and Raynaud’s Phenomenon
- Essential Hypertension
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Tinnitus: Nothing Is as Loud as a Sound You Are Trying Not to Hear
- Anxiety Disorders
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
VII. Clinical Applications: Electroencephalographic, Neuromuscular, and Pelvic Floor Biofeedback Specialties
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Neuromuscular Reeducation and Gait Training
- Bowel, Bladder, and Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Performing Artists
- Sports, Vietta Sue Wilson
IX. Other Special Populations and Applications
- Pediatric Applications
- Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders
X. The Frontier and a Nod to the Future
- Biofeedback of Slow Cortical Potentials in Epilepsy, Ute Strehl
- Traumatic Brain Injury, Quantitative Electroencephalography, and Electroencephalographic Biofeedback
- Biofeedback Interventions for Autism Spectrum Disorders, Lynda Thompson
- Brain–Computer Communication: An Alternative Communication Channel for Paralyzed Patients
- Substance Use Disorders and Neurofeedback
- More Frontiers and Further Forward
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF:
- Book Name : Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Edition : 4th Edition | | ISBN : 1462531946
- Author Name: Mark S. Schwartz, Frank Andrasik
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 786 Pages
Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 25 MB
Please use the link below to download Biofeedback: A Practitioner’s Guide 4th Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.