Today, in this article, we are going to share with you Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
As the most widely-used textbook on managed care, Essentials of Managed Health Care provides an authoritative and comprehensive overview of the key strategic, tactical, and operational aspects of managed health care and health insurance. With a primary focus on the commercial sector, the book also addresses managed health care in Medicare, Medicaid, and military medical care. An historical overview and a discussion of taxonomy and functional differences between different forms of managed health care provide the framework for the operational aspects of the industry as well. Important Notice: The digital edition of this book is missing some of the images or content found in the physical edition.
Features of Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- New chapter on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of March 2010
- New chapter on enrollment and billing
- New chapter on fraud and abuse
- Completely re-written chapter on information systems and electronic data interchange
- Completely re-written chapter on Medicaid Managed Health Care
- Complete restructuring of section 2 with a new focus on structure and payment across all types of health care delivery systems
- New chapter on physician practice behavior and managed health care
Peter R. Kongstvedt, MD (Author)
Dr. Peter Kongstvedt is an indepenent strategic advisor, and a Senior Health Policy Faculty member in the Department of Health Administration and Policy at George Mason University. He is a well known national authority on the health care industry with particular expertise in health insurance and managed health care, with over 30 years of industry experience as both a senior-level executive and with global consulting firms.
Dr. Kongstvedt is also the author of Managed Care, What it Is and How it Works, (Jones & Bartlett), and recently created an online multimedia training program on health insurance and managed care. Prior to passage of health reform, he consulted to and made several appearances on The CBS Evening News, and also appeared on NBC’s Today Show.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF:
Part One Introduction to Health Insurance and Managed Health Care
- A History of Managed Health Care and Health Insurance in the United States
- Types of Health Insurers, Managed Health Care Organizations and Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Elements of the Management and Governance Structure
Part Two Network Contracting and Provider Payment
- The Provider Network
- Provider Payment
- Legal Issues in Provider Contracting
Part Three Management of Utilization and Quality
- Basic Utilization and Case Management
- Fundamentals and Core Competencies of Disease Management
- Physician Practice Behavior and Managed Health Care
- Data Analysis and Provider Profiling in Health Plans
- Prescription Drug Benefits in Managed Care
- Introduction to Managed Behavioral Healthcare Organizations
- Disease Prevention in Managed Health Care Plans
- Quality Management in Managed Health Care
- Accreditation and Performance Measurement Programs in Managed Health Care
Part Four Sales, Finance and Administration
- Marketing and Sales
- Enrollment and Billing
- Claims and Benefits Administration
- Health Care Fraud and Abuse
- Operational Finance and Budgeting
- Information Systems and Electronic Data Interchange in Managed Health Care
Part Five Special Markets
- Health Plans and Medicare
- Medicaid Managed Health Care
- The Military Managed Care Health System
- Managed Care in a Global Context
Part Six Laws and Regulations
- State Regulation of Managed Health Care
- Federal Regulation of Health Insurance and Managed Health Care
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF:
- Book Name: Essentials of Managed Health Care
- Edition: 6th Edition | | ASIN: B00IKO1UUC
- Author Name: Peter R. Kongstvedt
- Category: Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 1001 Pages
Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 10 MB
Please use the link below to download Essentials of Managed Health Care 6th Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.