Incidences such as the 2014 Ebola epidemic in West Africa and the 2015 appearance of Zika in Brazil provide dramatic evidence of the continued ability of microbes to emerge, spread, adapt, and threaten global health. The challenge facing infectious disease specialists and public health professionals is to improve and find new diagnostic, therapeutic, and prevention strategies. In this blog post, you will be able to download free PDF e-book copy of Emerging Infections 10 PDF.
The editors of the 10th installment of the Emerging Infections series have compiled the perspectives of leading infectious disease experts into 22 chapters that provide important updates on a broad range of emerging and reemerging bacterial, viral, parasitic, and fungal infectious diseases in the United States and globally. In addition to focusing on MERS, Ebola virus disease, chikungunya, and Zika virus disease, Emerging Infections 10 explores the global threat of antimicrobial resistance in reviews on carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae, multiply-resistant gonococcal infections, non-typhoidal Salmonella infections, and artemisinin-resistant Plasmodium falciparum malaria. Topics include both recently- and long-recognized diseases that pose challenges for the clinical, laboratory, research, public health, and animal health communities.
Emerging Infections 10 presents new and emerging strategies to prevent, control, and eradicate infectious diseases and guides readers to the primary literature where they can explore individual topics in greater depth. This book is a valuable reference for professionals in microbiology, epidemiology, public health, and clinical and veterinary medicine.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents presented in Emerging Infections 10 PDF:
- West Africa 2013: Re-examining Ebola
- Preparing for Serious Communicable Diseases in the United States: What the Ebola Virus Epidemic Has Taught Us
- Ebola Virus Disease: Therapeutic and Potential Preventative Opportunities
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS)
- The Emergence of Enterovirus D-68
- The Role of Punctuated Evolution in the Pathogenicity of Influenza Viruses
- Measles in the United States since the Millennium: Perils and Progress in the Postelimination Era
- Chikungunya Virus: Current Perspectives on a Reemerging Virus
- Zika Virus Disease
- West Nile Virus Infection
- Mobilization of Carbapenemase-Mediated Resistance in Enterobacteriaceae
- Antimicrobial Resistance Expressed by Neisseria gonorrhoeae: A Major Global Public Health Problem in the 21st Century
- Bordetella holmesii: Still Emerging and Elusive 20 Years On Cronobacter spp.
- Clostridium difficile Infection
- Emerging Tick-Borne Bacterial Pathogens
- Bordetella pertussis
- Invasive Infections with Nontyphoidal Salmonella in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Fungal Infections Associated with Contaminated Steroid Injections
- Emerging Fungal Infections in the Pacific Northwest: The Unrecognized Burden and Geographic Range of Cryptococcus gattii and Coccidioides immitis
- The Emerging Amphibian Fungal Disease, Chytridiomycosis: A Key Example of the Global Phenomenon of Wildlife Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Artemisinin-Resistant Plasmodium falciparum Malaria
Below are the technical specifications of Emerging Infections 10 PDF.
- Book Name : Emerging Infections 10
- Edition : 1st Edition | | ISBN : 1555819443
- Author Name : W Michael Scheld; James M Hughes; Richard J Whitley;
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 441 Pages
Emerging Infections 10 PDF Free Download Direct Link
Here you will be able to download Emerging Infections 10 PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book useful in your studies. 🙂
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of this book:
FILE SIZE: 11.4 MB
Please use the link below to download Emerging Infections 10 PDF for free:
Have fun! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
** LIKE US ON FACEBOOK FOR LATEST e-BOOK DOWNLOADS **