Today, in this article, we are going to share with you Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis demonstrates how to apply the core clinical skills learned from the companion textbook Macleod’s Clinical Examination to maximum advantage. Charting the course from routine work-up to diagnosis, this book presents a modern and realistic approach to clinical assessment and explains how to integrate information obtained from the history, examination, bedside tests and specialised investigations.
- The first section Principles of clinical assessment examines different approaches to diagnosis, reviews the fundamental elements necessary for accurate patient assessment, provides a helpful template for a ‘routine workup’ and describes how to adapt the assessment to fit the clinical context.
- The second core section of the book Assessment of common presenting problems contains a series of ‘diagnostic guides’ that lead the reader, step-by-step through the major presenting problems in medicine and surgery, explaining how to recognise red flag features, eliminate life-threatening conditons and generate a logical differential diagnosis.
This book has been praised as an invaluable resource for senior medical students and junior doctors as they attempt to make the difficult transition from mastering basic clinical skills to assessing patients in the real world of clinical medicine.
Features of Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- A unique book allowing a reader to apply the skills of clinical examination in the formulation of a differential diagnosis and placing a patient’s symptoms in context.
- Takes a problem-based approach to diagnostic reasoning, reflecting both modern medical and current educational practices.
- Builds on the clinical skills outlined in the companion Macleod’s Clinical Examination textbook.
For this Second Edition the text has been expanded with five new topics covering nausea and vomiting; vaginal bleeding; red eye; urinary incontinence; and weight loss.
Alan G Japp MBChB (Author)
Dr Alan G Japp graduated from the University of Glasgow Medical School in 1988 and was appointed as a consultant physician in 1998 having completed his postgraduate training in Glasgow, Exeter and Edinburgh. Areas of particular clinical interest include adolescent diabetes, antenatal diabetes, diabetic renal disease, insulin pumps and structured patient education. He has also had a longstanding involvement in medical education and is currently Director of Year 5 of the MBChB Programme at the University of Edinburgh and Deputy Director of Continuing Professional Development at the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh.
Honorary Professor of Accident and Emergency Medicine and Surgery, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Consultant Physician, St. John’s Hospital, Livingston and Edinburgh Centre for Endocrinology and Diabetes, Edinburgh, UK.
Consultant and NRS Career Researcher Clinician in Emergency Medicine, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Reader, University of Edinburgh, UK.
Specialist Registrar in General Surgery, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF:
Part 1 Principles of clinical assessment
- What’s in a diagnosis?
- Assessing patients: a practical guide
- The diagnostic process
Part 2 Assessment of common presenting problems
- Abdominal pain
- Breast lump
- Chest pain
- Coma and altered consciousness
- Confusion: delirium and dementia
- GI haemorrhage haemorrhage: haematemesis and rectal bleeding
- Joint swelling
- Leg swelling
- Limb weakness
- Low back pain
- Mobility problems: falls and immobility
- Nausea and vomiting
- Rash: acute generalised skin eruption
- Red eye
- Scrotal swelling
- Transient loss of consciousness: syncope and seizures
- Urinary incontinence
- Vaginal bleeding
- Weight loss
Below are the technical specifications of Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF:
- Book Name : Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis
- Edition : 2nd Edition | | ISBN : 0702069612
- Author Name : Alan G Japp MBChB
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 328 Pages
Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 14 MB
Please use the link below to download Macleod’s Clinical Diagnosis 2nd Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.