Today, in this article, we are going to share with you The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF for free using direct download links mentioned at the end of this article. We have uploaded these PDF and EPUB files to our online file repository so that you can enjoy a safe and blazing-fast downloading experience. 🙂
But before that we proceed to the free PDF download of The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF, lets take a look into few of the important details regarding this book.
The new edition follows the structure of the current PACES exam and has an expanded section on Station 5. As well as a wealth of up-to-date questions for practice, it includes extensive new clinical information on new therapies and details of the latest investigations and management options. Each chapter has been reviewed by senior clinicians within the specialty.
- Presents all seven stations in one book
- Provides practical hints and tips for success at each station
- Presents much more comprehensive information in a compact and accessible format than other books
- Provides evidence-based information, guidelines and questions mapping onto the latest examination format.
This book teaches the candidate not only how to pass the PACES exam, leading the reader through each case and exactly what is expected of them, but also provides a succinct yet detailed clinical handbook for support on medical wards.
Features of The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF
Here are important features of this book:
- User friendly format leading the candidate through each case and what is expected for the exam – unlike competitors, it teaches candidates how to pass the exam rather than filling them with facts.
- Presents all stations in one book
- Practical hints and tips for each case for success at each station
- Provides a lot of information in a more compact and accessible format than other books.
- Evidence based guidelines and questions mapping onto the latest exam format.
MRCP PACES is a challenging examination requiring in-depth clinical knowledge, excellent clinical skills and the ability to present each case concisely and coherently. This revision guide helps candidates achieve these aims; it is compact enough for bedside use and sufficiently comprehensive for self-study.
Dr Saira Ghafur (Author)
Dr Saira Ghafur graduated from the University of Dundee and is currently a final year Respiratory and General Internal Medicine trainee based in the Yorkshire Deanery. She is currently in her second year of an MSc in Health Policy at Imperial College, London.
Saira has developed a keen interest in Quality Improvement and Patient safety and in 2013/14 she undertook a fellowship at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in Quality Improvement. She worked on several QI projects throughout the Trust after gaining certification as a Microsystems coach by the Sheffield MCA and the Dartmouth Institute.
During this time Dr Ghafur co-authored a grant application which secured £650,000 of funding from the Health Foundation to test and implement a patient safety initiative for frail, elderly patients in acute care (FRAILsafe). In addition, Saira was awarded a HOPE Fellowship to address the theme of patient safety, quality and health policy in Europe. This allowed her to spend a month in Switzerland addressing these topics and subsequently presented at a conference in The Hague. Saira was also selected to participate in the Value Based Healthcare Delivery Course at Harvard Business School, studying the principles of the outcome based approach to health systems.
Saira is a founding member of the Sheffield Women in Medicine Network which aims to provide a positive forum through which a change in culture can occur.
During her SpR training, Saira has published a book for candidates taking the PACES exam, titled ‘The MRCP PACES Handbook’.
Dr Ghafur will be based at NHS England as Clinical Fellow to Professor Sir Bruce Keogh and will be working with the Innovation and Primary Care teams. Saira is looking forward to developing her knowledge and experience of health policy at a national level.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF:
- Hints for the Respiratory Station
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Fibrotic Lung Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Old Tuberculosis
- Pleural Effusion
- Patient with Previous Lung Surgery
- Respiratory Station Summary
- Hints for the Abdominal Station
- Abdominal Case with a Normal Abdomen
- Chronic Liver Disease
- Generalised Lymphadenopathy
- Multiple Abdominal Scars
- Palpable Kidneys
- Renal Replacement Therapy
- Abdominal Station Summary
3: History Taking
- Hints for the History-Taking Station
- Patient with an Abnormal Blood Result
- Patient with Back Pain
- Patient Who Has Collapsed
- Patient with a Cough
- Patient with Diarrhoea
- Patient with Jaundice
- Patient with Joint Pains
- Patient with Left Arm Weakness
- Patient with Visual Disturbance
- Patient with Weight Loss
- History-Taking Station Summary
- Hints for the Neurology Station
- Cerebellar Syndrome
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Ocular Palsies
- Parkinson’ s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spastic Paraparesis
- Visual Field Defects
- Neurology Station Summary
- Hints for the Cardiology Station
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Regurgitation
- Eisenmenger’ s Syndrome
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Stenosis
- Mitral Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Mixed Aortic Valve Disease
- Mixed Mitral Valve Disease
- Prosthetic Heart Valves
6: Ethics and Communication Skills
- Hints for the Ethics and Communication Skills Station
- Breaking Bad News
- Care in the Deteriorating Patient
- Driving Regulations
- Initiating a New Therapy
- Long-Term Condition
- Medical Error
- Mental Capacity
- New Diagnosis
- Organ Transplantation
- Ethics and Communication Skills Station Summary
7: Brief Clinical Encounters
- Hints for the Brief Clinical Encounters Station
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Facial Nerve Palsy
- Headache (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension)
- Neck Lump
- Proximal Myopathy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Third Nerve Palsy or Patient Presenting with Diplopia
- Brief Clinical Encounters Station Summary
You might also be interested in! ?
Below are the technical specifications of The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF:
- Book Name : The MRCP PACES Handbook
- Edition : 2nd Edition | | ISBN : 1498786324
- Author Name : Saira Ghafur
- Category : Medical
- Format / Pages : PDF – 273 Pages
The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF Free Download
Here you will be able to download The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF by using our direct download links that have been mentioned at the end of this article. This is a genuine PDF e-book file. We hope that you find this book interesting.
Below is a screenshot of the cover image of The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 2.86 MB
Please use the link below to download The MRCP PACES Handbook 2nd Edition PDF:
Enjoy, folks! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to these e-books. We are sharing this material ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us immediately.
All books/videos at Pick A PDF are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to pickapdf [at] gmail.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.